The lighthouses are witnesses of shipwrecks, storms and legends. They are located in beautiful natural places. Thanks to the seafaring tradition of the province of Pontevedra, our coastline has important lighthouses all along our coast. They once guided the people of the sea in the midst of the darkness of the ocean and today offer us panoramic views of extraordinary beauty.
If you are one of those looking for unique places surrounded by nature, stay in one of our accommodations in Pontevedra and you will enjoy an unparalleled experience. Let’s start!
- Tenlo Chico Lighthouse: Located in the southern part of Tambo Island, in the Ría de Pontevedra estuary, near the popular fishing village of Combarro. From the promenade of the Marín marina you can enjoy a beautiful view of this lighthouse. Remember that in this town with spectacular views of the sea you can also rent our house “Bosque de Xarás”, vacation home rentals in Marín.
- Cabo Home Lighthouse: This lighthouse located in Cangas is one of the largest and most far-reaching in Spain. Lighted for the first time in 1865, it leads the Costa da Vela, on the Morrazo peninsula, a place of exceptional beauty and unique views of the Cíes Islands,. Other mandatory visits are the Punta Robaleira and Punta Subrido lighthouses.
- Cíes Islands Lighthouse: Also known as the Monte do Faro Lighthouse, it is the main lighthouse of the Cíes Islands archipelago and the Atlantic Islands of Galicia National Park. Located 178 m above the sea level, it offers its visitors impressive views.
- Punta Cabalo lighthouse: In Arousa Island, this lighthouse offers a unique picture of the estuary and its bateas, raft for farming mussels.
- A Guía Lighthouse: In A Guía mountain in Vigo. It has a viewpoint over the estuary, to contemplate that sunset that will guarantee the best pictures. On the seashore, there is this unique lighthouse that formerly guided the boats that sailed through the San Simón cove.
- Vigo Sea Museum Lighthouse: In front of the Sea Museum, this lighthouse guards the city and allows visitors to enjoy excellent views of the estuary.
- Cabo Silleiro Lighthouse: This legendary lighthouse marks the entry point to the Ría de Vigo estuary right on the border between Oia and Baiona. It is a particular prism shaped tower of 30 m.